Sunday 27 March 2016

The Terrible Twins explore Pannanich Hill


Please be aware it was Gail who proposed the title for this post.

I was shocked at her suggestion.

Gail, I said, that is no way to refer to your friend Amanda and her sister Fiona. I mean I know they are twins and all that, but they are really nice, and not at all terrible.
Left to right: Horatio, Amanda, Fiona, Mark and me
Can you believe that by 'Terrrible Twins' Gail actually meant me and my pal Horatio (whom loyal readers of this blog have encountered before)?

We - that is Amanda, Horatio, Fiona and Mark, Gail and I - met up in Ballater on Easter Saturday morning for a walk up nearby Pannanich Hill.


I want you to know that I behaved impeccably throughout - aside from the occasional 'vocalisation episode' - but Horatio's table manners in the hut where we sheltered for lunch left much to be desired…


I still cannot believe that such shocking disregard for meal time conventions was met with a reward...



And that's not all. When everyone was cold and wet at the top of the hill, it was Horatio who held us up for ages, cavorting in a tiny patch of snow like a thing possessed.




As we descended again into the woods we heard some gun shots in the distance and Horatio stood stock still like a statue and refused to shift. In the end Amanda had to pick him up and carry him part of way back.


Twins indeed. It is embarrassing enough that we are the same breed.


20 comments:

  1. We never pictured Horatio as a naughty pup! Anyway, you're much handsomer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he certainly doesn't measure up to your fine standards that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    BOL - oh Bertie, you are such a gentleman and then to be paired with a larrikin lad like Horatio... well.......... still and all - it looks like you had a good day out! Hope you are resting up nicely for Easter day. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes. twins indeed... but famous twins... who wear the same black boots :o) Happy Easter to you and your mom and a happy easter to Horation and his furmily :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOL MOL MOL Bertie...
    It is obvious Horatio attended the Feline Academy of Manners and I can tell he was an A+ student. WTG!! Just so you know should you visit here...I'd be displaying the same well learned manners.
    What a fun way to spend a morning. It appeared to be a bit chilly for snow walks. You are for sure the wiser of the two WFT.
    Hugs Madi Maiden of Manners and your bfff
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always say it is good to have a pal who is worse behaved then you because it makes your small faults seem even smaller. Embrace a poorly mannered friend! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved his reaction to the snow. What a wacky terrier!
    ♥♥
    Wyatt and Tegan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prhaps being part of married life has softened him up Bertie? I hear that can happen.
    But his silly behaviour must have made your impeccableness look even more impressive!
    ~lickies, Ludo!
    (Thank you for coming and thinking of me! Aside from sulking I doesn't feel too bad!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hippity Hoppity Happity Easter Bertie and Gail!
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bertie. BREATHE as we say here in SO Cal. You are not Horatio and he is not you...

    BUTT REALLY??? Was that snows??? I want some!!! We hav El Nino, butt it is warm!! I want to visit snows!!

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully you got some extra treats for all that craziness
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Bertie,

    Hmmm. I do not see the resemblance at all! Really!

    Although, I would also be the Dog holding everyone up by cavorting in the patch of snow. Ahem.

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sheesh....seems like a gross generalization to us!!
    Happy Easter Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Although Horatio seems like a nice doggie - I don't see the resemblance at all. Of course, I don't have my glasses on so maybe ...never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like all the terribleness was Horatio's! I can't believe Gail would tar you with the same brush. The nerve.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Again another good reason for you to be Ambassador dog, for you have no fear when a gun goes off in the distance. You stay true to the course and behave when eating.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  17. Twins huh? We are not sure we could pick you out in a lineup BOL! BTW, it sure looked cold!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  18. double trouble you guys are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  19. The term "twin" is used very loosely in this example...

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete